When it comes to beauty, The Blonde and The Brunette are constantly looking for the best new trends and products. In saying that, this year marks our first annual B&B Beauty Awards! Each of us rounded up our top 5 MUST have products. Those five things we swear by in our makeup bag, that we couldn’t survive a week without. See how your makeup bag measured up, and shop our TOP 15 below!
NJ, The Brunette
- The Blonde & The Brunette x James Kendall Secret Weapon by NJ Strong Hold Hairspray. I’m totally biased but I’m all about my mane. It took almost a year, but my NJ Secret Weapon special formula hairspray developed with celebrity stylist James Kendall creates extra hold, natural shine, and long lasting touchable support.It takes hair spray to the next level for must-hold styles leaving hair looking natural while adding the strength and volume necessary to make any style last all day and into the night. Go ahead. Put it to the test. It also comes in a travel size. In Beverly Hills you can find it at the James Kendall Salon and Portofino Beverly Hills.
- Giorgio Armani Luminious Silk Foundation. A classic. Hands down still the best foundation. Ever. The Kardashian sisters and their makeup artists all swear by it. If you want compliments on your flawless skin this is the one for you.
- Maybelline New York Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Spot Concealer + Treatment. With my late late work hours, a great concealer is well, necessary. This one is super easy. Blot the sponge-tip applicator over sun spots and undereye circles to obscure them instantly and treat them over time (with vitamin C). In a few months, you’ll get away with a lot less concealer. I have and everyone has noticed.
- Charlotte Tilbury Rock ‘N Kohl Liquid Eye Pencil in Bedroom Black. For day, it’s all about the eye pencil This is the one. A pigment-rich pencil, silky smooth and easy to apply accurately, this formula has a slightly powdery, waxy texture that’s perfect for creating a chic smokey eye.
- L’Oréal Paris The Super Slim Liner I am all about the black liner for the evening. Get the absolute sharpest lines, flips, and swoops—all without a hitch for those dressy evenings and well daytime drama too. The quick dry formula lasts up to 12 hours.
Jadan, The Brunette Contributor
- La Roche-Posay Tinted Sunscreen is my morning go-to. With its universal tint technology, it not only provides hours of protection, but it also provides that little extra boost of tint that you need in the mornings!
- Laura Mercier Foundation is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. Before I found Laura Mercier, I tried product after product looking for an all natural foundation that did the job without making me look streaky. This foundation covers every blemish yet still lets your skin breath. There is no turning back now, I found a winner.
- Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara is the best mascara I’ve ever owned. The best part? It’s less than $10.
- Chanel Rouge Suzanne Lipstick was this years go to lip look for me. The perfect transitional color from morning to night. Not to mention, Chanel lipstick just makes me feel glamourous.
- When the sun goes to sleep, I take it all off with La Roche-Posay Effaclar Face Wash. It doesn’t dry my face out like cleansers I’ve used in the past. It washes away all impurities while leaving my skin soft and supple.
Lauren, The Blondette
- La Mer – Crème de la Mer Moisturizing Cream. This is my ultimate to go for moisturizer! It leaves your skin feeling so soft and fresh. What I also love about this product is, is it keeps your skin hydrated all day long without leaving it oily! It’s the perfect primer before you start your daily makeup routine!
- BeautyBlender – The Beauty Blender Pro. This is my favorite tool to applying my makeup! It’s so easy, and leaves such a natural blended effect with your makeup! Quick Tip: Get your BeautyBlender wet with warm water to expand the sponge and to give more of an ‘airbrushed’ effect!
- Chanel – Rouge Allure Colour & Shine Lip gloss in Ideale. This has been my go-to gloss for a while now, and it probably always will be! It’s such a timeless color and it goes perfectly with my brown/blonde hair!
- Conceal and Treat Stick. This is my favorite concealer I’ve found! I struggle with pesky dark circles under my eyes, and this concealer does a great job of making me look flawless again! Great coverage, and lasts all day! What’s better than that?!
- Anastasia Beverly Hills – Brow Wiz Pencil. Everyone knows that Anastasia is the queen of brows, and I couldn’t survive without her amazing brow wiz pencil! Perfect for filling in & fluffing out those brows!
xoxo, The Blonde & The Brunette Team