Leather trim clothing and accessories is the new must for Fall and Winter 2012. Not only are leather trimmed items more budget friendly than full leather items, but they make an effortlessly cool sartorial statement. Two of my favorite designers, Alexander Wang and Helmet Lang (who both received their own shout-outs in the September issue of Vogue) give their ever so sophisticated black items and prints some adding this special treatment to everything from blazers, pants, skirts and bags. The trend is captured in loose, relaxed fits as well as a structured and tailored fit. So rock the leather trim for a super chic downtown look!
- a.) Alexander Wang Blazer With Pleated Sidepanel $750
- b.) Helmut Lang Draped crepe jacket $575
- c.) Alexander Wang Leather-trimmed crepe tapered pants $495
- d.) Alexander Wang Marion In Leopard Print Haircalf With Pale Gold $745.00 Small sling with metallic closure and signature corner details, long adjustable strap with signature dog clips.
- e.) Alexander Wang Pleated Miniskirt $450.00 Wool miniskirt with raw cut strips of leather overlayed on silk to create front pleating.