I’ve always been crafty. I live for craft nights including good wine, great friends and some Bachelor on TV in the backround. I love creating pieces to decorate my apartment, and there is nothing more special than gifting one of a kind home-made pieces to your friends and family. Rather than keep all the fun creations I’ve been making to myself, I decided I’d start sharing them with our readers for DIY Friday! I always wanted to learn how to make these mystical eyes growing up, but somehow never had the chance! Fifteen years later, I decided I needed some new art in the office, so I bought some yarn, some wooden dowels, and went to work. Not only is it so easy and fun, it’s incredibly soothing and therapeutic. So have your girlfriends over, buy a bottle of wine, an assortment of yarn, and you’ll have yourself a party!MATERIALS
YARN IN VARIOUS COLORS
- Tie two dowels into a cross with the first color of yarn you plan on using.
- Wrap your yarn over and under continuously until both dowels seem secure.
- Now start your pattern. Wrap the yarn over one dowel, and then all the way around it.
- Repeat step three until the pattern is where you want it, and you’re ready to change colors.
- Snip the piece of yarn you’re working with, and tie it to the next color you wish to use with a tight knot, and then trim the excess.
- Repeat step three until you wish to change colors, and then repeat the whole process again.
- When you finish, knot the end really tight and trim off any excess yarn.
This DIY is inexpensive, fun, easy, & practical. You cant beat $20 for a classy new art installation, not to mention all the beautiful variations you can make with such a small collection of colors. Call your girls up and get started, there’s plenty of material to go around. Happy Crafting!
Xx. Jadan Huter