Summer is right around the corner, so The Blonde & The Brunette thought it was time to research swimsuit trends for 2011! (I know this definitely keeps me motivated at the gym!) Here are the trends we noticed:
One-Pieces with a Twist (especially ruching & wrapping)
- a.) Vitamin A Runway Wrap Maillot ($247)
- b.) L Space Stardust Beige Monokini ($122)
- c.) Beach Bunny Wild Child One-Piece ($175)
- d.) J Crew Asymetrical Ruched Bandeau Tank ($88)
- e.) Norma Kamali Halter Robin Ruched Mesh Bodysuit ($350)
- a.) Missoni Mare California Crochet Knit Bandeau Bikini ($465) B. Swim’s Sydney Betty Bandeau is a similar look for less ($54/piece)
- b.) Agua Bendita Bendito Malibu Two-Piece ($180)
- c.) Maaji Pink Poison Bikini ($122)
- d.) Paradizia Wildlife Bandeau Two-Piece ($168)
Bustiers & Bra-Style Tops
- a.) Mara Hoffman Embroidered Bustier Swimsuit ($220) She also makes a bikini. Net-A-Porter has it in blue, Anthropologie has it in black in M and L and RevolveClothing has it in white in XS (top: $138, bottom: $128).
- b.) Victoria’s Secret Miraculous Multi-Way Push-Up Bandeau Top ($62) Great if you like some lift. BUT, if you don’t like padding, this isn’t the style for you.
- c.) Zimmerman Valentine Printed Underwired Bikini ($210)
- d.) Tori Praver Betty Smocked High-Waisted Bikini Briefs ($98) Great if you prefer a two-piece, but need a little more coverage. Urban Outfitters also has a similar style ($34). Pair it with your bustier/bra-style top…or even a bandeau or vintage-style halter.
- You can also go for solid mix-n-match styles. Nanette Lepore and O’Neill both make some nice ones.
– Ashlee, Brunette Contributor