Summer has finally arrived! I can’t help but notice the 80 degree temperature peeking out of the June gloom we’ve just had. This means, it’s time to hit the beaches, BBQ with friends, and enjoy yourself! The most important part of all these activities? MUSIC!
That being said, I leave you with my Top 10 favorite Summer tunes!
- Adele – “Rolling in the Deep” (No one can disagree…Adele’s haunting voice will give you chills)
- Peter Bjorn and John – “Second Chance” (After “Young Folks,” no one paid much attention to PB&J…I just discovered this track from their new album and love it!)
- Fleet Foxes – “Helplessness Blues” (Reminds me of the oldies jams I grew up listening to with my parents.)
- The Antlers – “I Don’t Want to Love” (I love everything about this song, it’s mystical and relaxing.)
- JJ – “Let Go” (Similar to the rest of JJ’s album, this is quite a peaceful song, sit, collect your thoughts and enjoy.)
- David Bowie – “Criminal World” (Puts you in the mood to dance. You can never go wrong with a little old school Bowie!)
- Ellie Goulding – “Lights” (She sang at the Royal Wedding. I think that makes her an honorary Summer superstar.)
- Dead Man’s Bones – “My Body’s a Zombie For You” (Remember the movie The Notebook? Well this is Noah himself, Ryan Goslings voice will melt your heart with this one)
- The Kills – “Cheap & Cheerful” (The perfect uplifting sing along song! Just let loose and be yourself!)
- Robyn – “Dancing On My Own” (Put your dancing shoes on and get ready to party!)