It’s that time of year…to choose your New Years Resolution!
The Blonde and The Brunette are sharing some of our goals for the New Year in hopes of inspiring you to make the most out of your days and years to come. Here is a list of small things you can do to better yourself and those around you. We’ve found it’s best to just select one or two resolutions and focus on them. If you try and change too much, you fail at everything and succeed at nothing. We thing 2012 has a great ring to it. Let’s celebrate our successes together.
- Smile when you make eye contact with someone.
- Hold the door open for the person behind you.
- Send a hand-written thank you card to someone with love and appreciation.
- Clean out all your old clothes and donate them to someone in need.
- Send flowers to someone who you are thankful for in your life.
- Be a courteous driver. Let people merge in front of you. What’s the rush anyway?
- Volunteer at a children’s hospital or nursing home to help put things in perspective.
- Donate blood.
- Volunteer. Work in a soup kitchen for a morning.
- Forgive someone. Appreciate people the way they are.
- Treat everyone with the same level of respect you wish to be treated.
- Tell your boss, teacher or professor that he or she is doing a great job and that you appreciate what they’ve taught you.
- Leave a thank-you note for the office janitors.
- Spread good news. No time for negative nonsense. Don’t let gossip get the best of you.
- Give words of encouragement toward someone’s dream, no matter how big or small it is.
- Use all the manners you learned in Kindergarten. Say “Please” and “Thank you”.
- Give without expecting to get back.
- Work on being on time to meetings and appointments.
- Stop nagging so much. A few of us have this on our lists.
- Get exercise back into your life. For your health and for the health of those around you.
- Hug a friend. Let them know how important they are.
- Let go of anger. Pick and choose your battles.
- Donate time or materials to Habitat for Humanity.
- Grow your hair out, then donate it to Locks of Love.
- Adopt an animal.
All of us at The Blonde and The Brunette, wish you a Happy New Year filled with love and joy.