As you’ll recall, The Blonde and The Brunette reported on high-waisted trousers as a hot spring trend. Well, last summer was my first encounter with high-waisted shorts. I am more than excited that this trend is back, and looking to spend another summer with us. Not only do high-waisted shorts look good with just about anything…(sweater/tank top/shirt tucked in or out), but they are also surprisingly very slimming!
Is it possible to complain about something that is associated with the word “slimming?”
Take a peek at a few favorites I have come across while perusing the internet shops, and a few photos I have added to give you a few ideas on “how to wear” this style.
- a.) Forever 21 High Waist Herringbone Shorts $17.80
- b.) Marc Jacobs “Polka Dot Short” $525.00
- c.) BOYFRIEND/GIRLFRIEND “High Waisted Shorts” $114.00
- d.) MARC BY MARC JACOBS “Iris” Knit High-Waisted Belted Shorts $158.00
- e.) Camilla and Marc “Voyage High Waisted Shorts” $310.00
- f.) One Teaspoon Pixie High Waist Short $75
- g.) Dusen Dusen High-Waisted Short $164.00 (available in other colors too!)
love this new trend!