I interviewed the most adorable and hip mom I know, Jenny Wilson Schwartz. She is a former InStyle magazine correspondent and has some amazing tips to share to all you hot mamas out there! Also great gift ideas for moms, moms-to-be and kids!
1. Favorite store or site for Maternity clothes? LizLange.com. For pants, I couldn’t have lived without my Seven jeans.
- Liz Lange for Target Maternity Sleeveless Belted Black and Purple Dress $29.99
2. What is your favorite beauty product line for pregnant women? I used all the creams I could get my hands on but I particularly loved Mustela Stretch Mark Double Action and Palmers Cocoa Butter Massage Cream.
3. What is a “can’t live without item” during pregnancy? My ammonia-free hair color from Edna at Michael Canale Salon, the Tummy Sleeve (by Motherhood) which allowed me to wear pre-pregnancy shirts all nine months and lots of pregnancy massages!!
4. What is a “can’t live without item” for a new mom? iPhone – between all the calls, texts, photos and live-by-my-iCal-scheduled life (for doctor’s appointments and everything else in between!), I couldn’t survive without it; also my Medela Instyle Breast Pump for on the go feedings!
5. What is/are your favorite online shopping site(s) for children’s clothing? OrientExpressed.com for dresses, LLBean.com for quality basics, LillyPulitzer.com for the best patterns and cuts, LittleFollies.com for smocked dresses and preppy fleece jackets and Kate and Libby kateandlibby.com for summer pieces.
- a.) Orient Expressed Red and White Windowpaned Long Sleeve Shirt $32
- b.) Orient Expressed Red and White Windowpaned Short Sleeve Dress (with optional monogram) $60
- c.) Orient Expressed Red, White and Green Striped Onesie (with optional monogram) $38
- d.) Little Follies Navy Train Smocked Fleece Jacket $80
6. What is the best skincare and/or hair product line for children?
Anything by Aveeno and Burt’s Bees.
7. Favorite furniture/home accessory for a child’s room?
White slip-covered Restoration Hardware rocking chair (found here) – it has survived all three kids and it’s still rockin’!! A dimmer switch for overhead lights and Angel Dear blankies – they are the absolute softest, cuddliest little animal blankets and get cozier with each wash.
- Angel Dear Puppy Blanket $13
As an editor for 10 years, Jenny has covered everything from Prince’s impromptu concert at the InStyle Golden Globe Awards party to Jessica Simpson’s favorite beauty products. After graduating from U.C. Santa Barbara, this San Diego native traveled throughout Europe and Asia before moving to New York City to work in the fashion industry. Her love of home decor and design brought Jenny to Los Angeles to work for the style department at Buzz magazine. Jenny went on to become associate style editor at Los Angeles magazine to cover fashion shoots (Cindy Crawford, Charlize Theron, Angelina Jolie, Katherine Zeta Jones) and interview trendsetters (Tom Ford, Randolph Duke, Richard Meier). More recently, she worked as a correspondent for InStyle magazine where she reported on Hollywood Awards Shows, red carpet events and where-to-shop gift guides. Married with three young children, Jenny currently freelances in the film and fashion industry and is involved in volunteer-based organizations including Palisades Enrichment Programs.
– Kathryn, The Blonde
fabulous recommendations from a stunning mom!
Can’t get enough of those Angel Dear Blankies! I love all the tips
Kirsten Bollen Arpajiansays:
A woman with excellent style and taste. Love the recommendations.
Adorable smock dress – will have to get my hands on it! Thanks for the great tips. Gorgeous family.
Love this interview! and recommendations!
court marriage in pakistan