We all know fashion is cyclical because we’ve seen everything come back “in style” at some point, especially recently with 90’s-inspired crop tops, overalls, Lennon glasses, neon, etc etc etc. But right now, the return of the platform sneaker is really making me feel like it’s 1993 again. Hidden wedge sneakers have been all the rage for the past several months. Now, not only are the classic Chuck platforms back, but we’ve found platform sneaks in a variety of materials and patterns.
- a.) Charlotte Russe Chambray Lace-Up Platform Sneaker $22.50
- b.) Jeffrey Campbell HOMG Platform Sneaker in Tiger Fabric $80
- c.) Converse Chuck Taylor Platform Sneaker $64.95
- d.) Converse Chuck Taylor Platform Hi Sneaker $69.95
- e.) Steve Madden Braady-S in Gold (or silver) $79.95
- f.) Nasty Gal Animal Instinct Platform Sneaker $58
Would you wear any of these platform sneakers or do you think they’re best left in 1993?? And while we’re at it, how do you feel about the hidden wedge sneakers? I’m seriously torn on both!
– Ashlee, Brunette Contributor