The majority of Spring 2013 runway shows showcased my all time favorite trends. Stripes, one of the most classic patterns is showing up everywhere this spring. Designers from Marc Jacobs, Dolce & Gabbana, Helmut Lang and even Balmain went all out with the vertical lines on the runway this season. There is no escaping this spring trend. Thick or skinny, horizontal or vertical, black, white, red or navy, stripes are in the air.
TIP: Recent research shows that, contrary to popular belief, stripes do not make you look bigger. In fact, they seem to have a visually slimming effect, which means they’re appealing on almost everyone. For a more slimming silhouette, stay away from horizontal lines, look for vertical or diagonal stripes. Also, if you’re heavier on the hips, wear stripes on top and vice versa. If you’re smaller on the bottom, choose an edgy pair of striped skinny pants or even horizontal striped skirts with solid colors on top.
Here are a few of my favorite stripes so far this season…
- Verticle Stripe Skinny Jeans $24.80
- Round Striped Mick Sunglasses $12.00
- Weekend Max Mara ‘Nespola’ Sweater $250.00
- Elizabeth and James ‘Rex’ Colorblock Blazer at Revolve Clothing $450.00
- Kate Spade New York ‘carousel’ stripe bangle watch $250.00
- Juicy Couture Handbag, Stripe Leather Phone Wristlet $118.00
Xx. Jadan Huter