1. Drink water, lots and lots of water. I’m well into my 20’s, and even knowing this is the most important thing you can do for your body, I have yet to master this tip. It’s a daily struggle for me, but the days I succeed at drinking my allotted 8 glasses, I feel like a whole new woman, and I can instantly tell the difference in my mood, skin and digestion.
2. Get your beauty sleep. Though many young adults pride themselves on running off no sleep, the most important anti-aging tip in the world is sleep. The best part about it? It’s free. If you’re not getting at least 8-10 hours of sleep per night, it’s time to make some drastic changes. A night here and there is understandable, but don’t overlook this very necessary tip.
3. Supplement a collagen peptide into your diet. Collagen is the most abundant protein in our bodies. It helps give our skin strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells, which explains why we need to replenish them as we age. A double-blind placebo study conducted last year found that women who took collagen hydrolysate (the peptide form) regularly for 8 weeks saw a 20% reduction in wrinkles. It can easily be added into your morning smoothie or afternoon tea.
4. Stay out of the sun. Okay okay, so this tip is no fun, but unfortunately it’s the truth. Our parents have told us, and their parents before them. We all know the sun causes wrinkles, but it is also very enjoyable. So if you, like me, must soak in some vitamin D from time to time, just be sure to wear sunscreen.
5. Take note from Stacked Skincare. I swear by the expertise of Kerry Benjamin and her skincare line Stacked Skincare. I was recently introduced to their at home Micro-roller and Dermaplaning tools, which have both dramatically changed my skin and care regimen.
6. Don’t be afraid to use an LED light therapy face mask. When babes like Jessica Alba, to Kourtney Kardashian and Kate Hudson swear by something, you know its gotta be good. Shop our favorite LED mask below for the best results.
7. Find a really great facial moisturizer and stick with it. We swear by the incomparable results of Alastin here at The Blonde and The Brunette offices. A couple others you can’t go wrong with are La Mer, and Amorepacific. Don’t be afraid to test a few out before you figure out which product works best for your skin type.
8. Don’t forget to moisturize your body. We’re all so busy worrying about which facial serum works best, we often overlook our bodies. As each year goes by I notice my skin rapidly changing. Don’t forget your legs, chest and hands ladies. Bio Oil is the magic I swear by to nourish my skin, not to mention, it reduces the appearance scars and stretch marks.
9. Treat yourself to a weekly coconut oil hair mask. That’s right, douse your head, wrap it up, go to sleep, and give it a good rinse the next morning. It will help reverse all the horrible effects of all the dye and heat treatments us girls think we need.
10. Last, but definitely not least, stay stress free. Okay, go ahead and laugh. I know it’s a tough trick to rely on, as the world is full of stressors, but if you really want to remain ageless, this last tip is your pocket Ace. Make time for yoga, slow down for some meditation and put yourself above the stress.