One of our loyal readers, Marlies, wrote to us with a common footwear dilemma: Where can I find a stylish, yet functional winter boot? Marlies loves her UGGs, but find they fall short when it comes to traction. And vice versa, the functional boots don’t have the style she is seeking. Well we went to work and tracked down 8 great winter boots that are fashionable AND functional (in no particular order):
- a.) Donna Karan Fur-Trim Wedge Boot $990. These feature a rubber wedge that will help with traction in snowy or wet weather. There’s also a flat version for $695.
- b.) Michael Kors ‘Brandy’ Snow Boot $195
- c.) Aquatalia by Marvin K. Waterproof Zip Boot $525 (also available in brown)
- d.) UGG Womens Sundance II $250. Unlike your classic pair of UGGs, these have a rubber bottom for better traction.
- e.) La Canadienne ‘Lauren’ Waterproof Leather Boots $229.99 (also available in brown)
- f.) Juicy Couture ‘Emily’ Zip Rain Boot $168. A chic twist on the rubber boot.
- g.) Aquatalia by Marvin K. ‘Uppy’ Boot $450 (also available in black)
- h.) La Canadienne ‘Tami’ $495 (also available in black and brown). This is a great alternative to the classic UGG.
– Ashlee, Brunette Contributor