The Blonde and The Brunette closely followed the fashion at tonight’s 2011 Emmy Awards and we definitely noticed several Red Carpet themes that are worth translating if you have an important occasion:
- Red reigned the Red Carpet but bright jewel tones dominated as well. Red was suddenly so fresh and stunning.
- Platinums and silvers (a trend we also saw at this year’s MTV Movie Awards)
- Classic black is back and more glamorous than ever with sequins and lace
- Sweetheart or deep “V” necklines
- One-shoulder dresses which had star quality sex appeal
- Trains and mermaid silhouettes (the continuation of the big trend that emerged from the Met Gala)
- Statement earrings as the perfect accent to an important gown, arm candy on only one arm and a single statement ring.
- Evening clutches in a monochromatic tone (versus a contrast) that seamlessly integrate with the total look. Let the dress do the talking.
While the red carpet trends were clear, the results were mixed and not every celeb’s look was a hit. Some of our standout picks were:
- Nina Dobrev in Donna Karan
- Claire Danes in Oscar de la Renta
- Julie Bowen in Oscar de la Renta
- Evan Rachel Wood in Elie Saab
What were your favorite looks??? Tell us. We’d love to know.
– Ashlee, Brunette Contributor and NJ, The Brunette