Check it out. The Blonde & The Brunette love this emerging Fall trend. Tartans and Plaids. They are suddenly so fresh again especially in shades of red and worn in all sorts of new ways from snappy blazers with great black pants or leggings, short silhouette dresses with black leggings or bare legs with short (lace-up) booties. You can even get daring with a puff ball mini-dress, or mini-kilts. Use check jeans, white shirts or a black “box” bag as your key accent with tartan blazers, pants or dresses. McQ (the more reasonably priced McQueen line) Rag & Bone, Isabel Marant and Current Elliott have tapped into this trend perfectly. Instead of bag pipes, I hear the roar of the dance floor.
- a.) McQ Tartan Twill Blazer $695 (Runs true to size.)
- b.) Rag & Bone ‘Saami’ Sleeveless Dress and style look $450 (Go one size up. The matching Sackville Jacket (not shown) is $895 at Saks)
- c.) McQ Tartan Wool Mini Kilt $540 or the Wool-Twill Cropped Pants for $495
- d.) Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Tartan Wool Blazer $800
- e.) Alexander Wang ‘Rafael’ Small Top Handle Bag $650
- f.) Current Elliott Stiletto Plaid Mid-Rise Skinny Jean $190 (True to size.)
- g.) McQ Leather Lace-up Ankle Bootie ($555) is a great accessory this fall with mini dresses, and leggings. Also available in oat-black.
- h.) Trina Turk Vantage Dress $318
- i.) McQ Tartan Wool Puff Ball Mini-Dress $795 (Surprisingly warm and runs true to size.)
- j.) Thakoon Plaid Taffeta Skirt-Dress $990
- k.) Isabel Marant Gray Tartan Wool-Blend Cropped Pant $385 (Runs very small. Go up one to two sizes.)
- l.) ADAM Plaid Wool Pencil Skirt $325
- m.) Vivienne Westwood Anglomania Plaid Skirt $370
– NJ, The Brunette